Friday, July 17, 2009

Blueberries and Duck eggs

I've got both today. I'm still thinking about what to do with them.

Blueberries and Eggs2

Blueberries and Eggs1

Eventually I did figure something out. We needed to eat something for dinner tonight. I thought I'd use those lovely duck eggs my Mother-in-Law gave us. So here's what I made:

Duck egg Omelettes with fresh Garden Pesto, Spinach and Goat Feta.

Basil close up

I started here, in the garden, with my basil.

Basil close up 2

Then I cut off all it's leaves.....muah ha ha ha ha. Well, I left a couple, but not many.

All ingredient 2

Then I got all these lovely things together for some delicious Pesto.

Pesto shot

Then I whirred them all together in the food processor. It smelled divine!

Duck eggs

Then I took these, lovely, fresh duck eggs, and mixed them up with a little whole milk and some salt and pepper.

Eggs mixed

I'll spare you the poorly lit shots of me actually cooking them, and flipping them with one good flick of the wrist. Although it was mighty impressive, I must say.

Anyway, they turned out like this:

Finished meal

Please excuse the side dish. I like to call that "Haven't gone grocery shopping salad" or Romaine lettuce with chick peas, extravagant!

I used a very hot non-stick skillet, and no oil.

And here is the recipe:

Garden Pesto:

2 cups fresh Basil leaves (packed)
1/3 cup pine nuts (roasted)
2 cloves garlic
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1. Put everything, except oil, into food processor.
2. Whir until chopped very fine.
3. While mixer is running, add oil until combined.
4. Store in tightly sealed container and consume as soon as possible (3-4 days) or freeze in small batches for future use.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth!

    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm starting to get the hang of things (for a complete beginner) and my husband is getting used to waiting a few extra minutes while I snap pictures before we dig in. He even took some pictures with his camera yesterday!

    What's next on your menu?
    Kar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kar! Thank you as well for the encouragement. I'm on to guiltykitchen.com now, so come on ever there. there's some great new recipes to check out!

    ReplyDelete